Internet Download Manager News
What's new in version 5.11 build 4?
(Released: Jul 23, 2007)
We have added these features in response to IDM user requests.
- Added context menu for downloading FLV files in Firefox and other Mozilla based browsers
- Fixed IDM compatibility problems discovered in Firefox 3.0a6 (Minefield) and newer releases
- Version 5.11 build 4 includes all latest bug fixes
New features in Internet Download Manager 5.11 build 3
(Released: Jul 04, 2007)
- Added the feature to download and save FLV video files from popular sites like YouTube, MySpaceTV, Google Video, etc. If you like a video that is playing from these sites and you would like to save it on your computer, you may grab it with IDM from Internet Explorer. You may get more information on IDM YouTube grabber page
New features in Internet Download Manager 5.11
(Released: Jun 21, 2007
- Completely redeveloped IDM scheduler. Added periodic synchronization of files and the possibility to create new queues for downloading or synchronization. Added new features on starting and stopping queue processing
- Improved user interface. Added processing of context menu key, fixed tabbing order on all dialogs, added mnemonic keys to the main menu and the menu of IDM Grabber
New IDM Scheduler announcement
(Released: Jun 20, 2007
The new version of IDM will have a completely redeveloped scheduler that can be used for downloading and file synchronization with multiple download queues. Internet Download Manager Scheduler announcement has been published on the official site.
What's new in version 5.09
(Released: Feb 25, 2007)
- Completely redeveloped the logic of taking over downloads from all browsers. Fixed erroneous interceptions of the web pages that IDM treated as downloads in the past, for example, it happened in some cases on rapidshare sites
Windows Vista compatibility report
(Released: Feb 8, 2007)
Internet Download Manager (IDM) has been tested for Windows Vista compatibility. Internet Download Manager and Windows Vista compatibility report has been published on the official site.
New features in Internet Download Manager 5.08
(Released: Jan 25, 2007)
- Improved processing of foreign language URLs in IE. IDM uses current web-page encoding to suggest correct file names when saving downloaded files
- Enhanced download engine to increase download speed
- Fixed bugs when sending queries to servers on foreign languages
- Improved download processing for premium accounts of popular rapidshare sites
New features in Internet Download Manager 5.07
(Released: Jan 15, 2007)
- Added full compatibility with Windows Vista
- Resolved several problems with IE 7
- Fixed conflicts of "Advanced browser integration" with Windows Vista, Windows 2003 and with several Internet applications
- The logic of click monitoring for IE-based browsers (MSN Explorer, Avant, MyIE, some versions of AOL etc.) was moved from idman process to a separate exe module. This module can be turned on/off in "Options->General"
New features in Internet Download Manager 5.05
(Released: Sep 2, 2006)
- Added support for Firefox 2.0 browser
- Added a dialog to select from several actions if a duplicate download link was added
- Added an icon to download complete dialog to drag and drop downloaded files
New features in Internet Download Manager 5.04
(Released: Aug 2, 2006)
- Changed basic browsers integration. Added extensions for Mozilla based browsers (Mozilla Firefox, Flock etc) to take over more downloads from these browsers in a better way than advanced browser integration. Also added "Download with IDM" and "Download All links with IDM" context menu items for these browsers.
- The "General" tab in IDM options was divided into "General" and "File Types" tabs for convenience
- Added "Open with..." button to "Download complete" dialog and "Open with..." menu item to the context menu of the main IDM window.
New features in Internet Download Manager 5.03
(Released: May 31, 2006)
- Added MMS protocol support. MMS links can only be downloaded manually using "Add Url" button or using "Download with IDM" IE right click menu
- Changed settings dialog. Split "Downloads" tab to "Downloads" and "Save to". Added the possibility to turn off downloading while showing "Download File Info" dialog
New features in Internet Download Manager 5.02
(Released: Jan 18, 2006)
- IDM can fix all rebuild errors and restore a file when its rebuilding process from downloaded parts has been interrupted due to power outages or due to killing/termination of IDM process.
- Improved download progress dialog. Now it can be resized and minimized to system tray.
- The message box on download completion has been replaced with a download complete dialog that has several useful functions, for example opening a downloaded file folder
- Improved start download dialog. Now you can conveniently select a folder to save a file directly on this dialog
New features in Internet Download Manager 5.01
(Released: Dec 16, 2005)
- Added thumbnails view to IDM Site Grabber
- Added scheduler to IDM Site Grabber. It's possible to schedule multiple grabber projects to run them once at a specified time, stop them at a specified time, or run periodically to synchronize changes
- Added update feature to IDM Site Grabber. It's possible to start exploring a site from the start page again for a project to update the files that have been changed on the server
New features in Internet Download Manager 5.0
(Released: Nov 25, 2005)
- Added the site grabber feature. This feature not only lets you download required files that are specified with filters, for example all pictures from a web site, or all audio files from a web site, but it also lets you download subsets of web sites, or complete web sites for mirroring or offline browsing
- Improved visual appearance and user interface. The toolbar looks better for different XP Visual styles
- Redesigned and enhanced IDM download engine
New features in Internet Download Manager 4.07
(Released: Sep 12, 2005)
- Added batch download feature to download files using wildcards. Select "URL->Add batch download" menu item to use it.
- Improved user interface for IDM main dialog, added error status and the ability to use resume button for several selected downloads
- Enhanced user interaface for "Download all with IDM" dialog
- Improved downloading with https protocol
New features in Internet Download Manager 4.06
(Released: Aug 2, 2005)
- Improved the general security of Internet Download Manager.
- Fixed buffer overflow bug when taking over downloads with long URLs.
- Added authorization dialog in case authorization information don't match.
- Improved processing of sites that demand different authorization information.
- Added several enhancements to the logic of download engine.
- Version 4.06 includes all latest bug fixes
New features in Internet Download Manager 4.05
(Released: Jun 27, 2005)
- Improved user interface.
- Added support for XP visual styles.
- Added icons for IDM settings to IDM options dialog.
- Improved browser integration.
- Improved downloading from http/https sites that require cookies.
New features in Internet Download Manager 4.04
(Released: May 15, 2005)
- Improved Integration into Internet Explorer browser.
- All link capturing capabilities of advanced browser integration have been included into the basic Internet Explorer Integration. If you use Internet Explorer only, and had problems with advanced browser integration, you can turn off advanced browser integration.
- Improved capturing of secure http links in Internet Explorer. Now IDM can take over https downloads that launch indirectly
New features in Internet Download Manager 4.03
(Released: Dec 7, 2004)
- Revised "Download with IDM" feature for Internet Explorer browser. Now IDM gets all necessary request headers from Internet Explorer to take over any downloads. Now users may select a text in Internet Explorer, and pick "Download with IDM" to add all links in the selected text to IDM.
- Improved download link capture logic. Now IDM can download from the sites which have a protection from downloading with download managers.
- Added download links capture from anti leech plugins.
- Added protection from the registry cleaners, optimizers, repairers, etc. which damage Internet Download Manager registry keys.
New features in Internet Download Manager 4.02
(Released: Sep 16, 2004)
- Added a feature to customize toolbar look. It's possible to customize toolbar style, buttons order, and the size of toolbar buttons.
- Designed new 3D buttons. The default toolbar appearance has changed. Those users, who got used to old style, may get back to Classic style in toolbar customization menu.
- IDM has a choice to select from 4 different toolbar looks,
download new toolbar skins from home site, or design new skins if you are familiar with graphics design basics.
- Optimized download engine for several types of FTP/HTTP servers.
New features in Internet Download Manager 4.01
(Released: Apr 22, 2004)
- Added a feature to switch between old browser integration and new browser integrat
- Improved Download All feature.
- Added support for more FTP and HTTP servers that are not RFC compliant
- Version 4.01 includes all latest bug fixes.
New features in Internet Download Manager 4.0
(Released: Apr 2, 2004)
- Completely redesigned central download engine. Improved download speed and
- Improved User Interface. Added "Stop queue" and "Start queue" buttons to IDM
toolbar. "All Downloads" tree node now expands to all download categories
independently on whether they are finished or not.
- Totally changed browser integration. IDM takes over any downloads from any
- Added a feature to customize keyboard keys to prevent or to force
downloading with Internet Download Manager. This feature should work for any
browser now, not in Internet Explorer only as before.
- Added the ignore list of sites where Internet Download Manager won't take
- Improved "Download All" feature. The main window can be resized. It's
possible now to choose a path for saving downloads.
- Added re-download feature to download complete files again
- Added "Open Folder" item in the right click menu.
- Added several new methods for FTP proxy authorization
- Added a feature not to use proxy servers for specified Internet addresses.
- Added a feature to download files larger than 4 GB
New features in Internet Download Manager 3.18
(Released: Oct 28, 2003)
- Added "download all links with IDM" feature
- Revised IDM help file
New features in Internet Download Manager 3.17
(Released: Sep 29, 2003)
- Added a feature to customize columns and the toolbar
- Added new columns: Referrer, Last Try Date, Date Added, Save Path
- Enhanced connection dialog in IDM options
- Added a feature to use single connection
- Added a feature to limit max. number of connections for specific servers
- Improved appearance, changed icons for download categories
- Added a feature to save sizes of columns and dialogs
- Added a feature to save sorting order of columns
- Improved scheduler. Added multiselection for downloads
- Added Mozilla Firebird integration option
New features in Internet Download Manager 3.16
(Released: Jun 20, 2003)
- Added multilingual support. Added French, German, Italian, Dutch, Japanese,
Arabic, and other languages
- Added support for Microsoft ISA server
- Added Kerberos and Negotiate authorization for sites and proxy servers
New features in Internet Download Manager 3.15
(Released: May 19, 2003)
- Added ZIP files preview before downloading
- Added download categories
- Enhanced user interface, e.g. columns sorting, the ability to edit URL while
- Added NTLM authorization for sites and proxy servers
- Improved integration with all browsers.
New features in Internet Download Manager 3.14
(Released: Mar 24, 2003)
- Added HTTPS support
- Added a feature to play sounds for different download events
- Added more authentication types
- Improved download scheduler
New features in Internet Download Manager 3.13
(Released: Mar 03, 2003)
- Improved integration with Internet Explorer
- Added support for more server platforms
- Added a feature to switch focus with TAB key
- Added more command line parameters
- Optimized UI drawing
New features in Internet Download Manager 3.12
(Released: Feb 17, 2003)
- Improved built-in download accelerator
- Increased HTTP downloading speed
- Added pipelining for ftp commands
- Added a feature to reuse all ftp connections
New features in Internet Download Manager 3.11
(Released: Jan 29, 2003)
- Added HTML help and tutorial
- Optimized IDM library and executable file codes, lowered CPU consumption
- Added support for additional server platforms
New features in Internet Download Manager 3.10
(Released: Dec 23, 2002)
- Revised scheduler pro
- Improved queue processor
- Added silent mode
- Enhanced virus protection on download completion
- Added progressive downloading with quotas. (useful for connections that use
some kind of fair access policy or FAP like Direcway, Direct PC, Hughes, etc.)
- Added command line parameters to use IDM from command line
New features in Internet Download Manager 3.09
(Released: Dec 03, 2002)
- Increased host server accessibility. Now IDM can download from protected
servers that don't allow downloading with download managers or accelerators (for
example, anti-leech protection, download images protection, etc.)
- Enhanced user interface
- Added start-up tips
- Improved Web browser integration
New features in Internet Download Manager 3.08
(Released: Oct 24, 2002)
- Added MSN Explorer browser integration option
- Added Internet Explorer based browser integration option
- Added new formats to media content inspection
- Added the feature to edit the list of extensions to take over downloads from
Netscape, Opera and Mozilla browsers
New features in Internet Download Manager 3.07
(Released: Aug 26, 2002)
- Added extraction and accelerated downloading of audio data streams
- Added support for more ftp and http server platforms
New features in Internet Download Manager 3.06
(Released: July 18, 2002)
- Added import/export of download lists
- Added enhancements to download logic optimizer that slightly increased
- Added support for more ftp and http server platforms
New features in Internet Download Manager 3.05
(Released: June 8, 2002)
- Improved download speed. The last file segment doesn't slow down download
- Added file content inspection
- IDM shows useful information about media files (mp3, avi, mpeg, ...) during
- Added Netscape 6, 7, Mozilla and Opera integration options
- Improved cookies processing
- Added full drag and drop support
New features in Internet Download Manager 3.04
(Released: April 11, 2002)
- Added additional support for dial-up users
- Added download basket window
- Optimized download logic
- Changed graphic buttons and appearance
New features in Internet Download Manager 3.03
(Released: February 21, 2002)
- Added options to configure download dialog appearance
- Added virus checking feature
- Changed graphic buttons and appearance
- Added a number of features to make your work with IDM more comfortable
New features in Internet Download Manager 3.02
(Released: January 31, 2002)
- Added advanced download scheduler
- Added download queue
- Applied minor changes to appearance
New features in Internet Download Manager 3.01
(Released: January 9, 2002)
- New optimization logic may increase your Internet download speed up to 500%
(works best on a shared Internet connection and with the large number of file
- Five Operating Systems are supported (95/98/ME/NT/2000)
- IDM monitors clipboard for valid URLs
- IDM works with cookies and sites/directories that demand authorization
- IDM handles different types of download redirections
- IDM supports FTP/HTTP proxy servers and the large number of directory
- IDM supports large number of network adapters
- Dynamic file segmentation significantly improves file download performance
- Automatic optimization of performance related settings
- Full reuse of connections that have finished downloading of assigned
segments without additional connect and login stages
- Selectable timeout time and number of connections to tune IDM to your
particular connection type
- Optional automatic update if a newer version has become available
- Fully integrates to Internet Explorer and Netscape Communicator
What 's NEW in version 3.0 ?
(Released: December 5, 2001)
- Added clipboard monitoring for valid URLs
- Added support for more FTP and HTTP servers. More listings formats are
supported. Protocol implementation been extended to be more reliable and not
sensitive to non-standard server responses
- Added FTP/HTTP proxy support
What 's NEW in version 2.9 ?
(Released: November 8, 2001)
- Added full Windows 2000 support
- Added IDMan Quick Update utility
- Added support for download redirections
- Added IDMan integration to IE file context menu
What 's NEW in version 2.8?
(Released: June 2, 2001)
- Added support for cookies and site/directory authorization
- Enhanced dynamic segmentation logic to fully reuse Internet connections
IDM has automatic update option and may check for the availability of a newer
version once per week. Once a newer version has become available, IDM shows a
dialog that describes all new features and suggests updating your current
version. You can also download the latest version of IDM using Quick Update tool
that comes along with IDM distribution.